Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Senior Moment


I was born in Vancouver, Canada a long time ago and have lived in British Columbia all my life. I worked in both broadcasting and the travel industry and have been privileged to travel to many of the world's lovliest spots. As well, there is much of beauty here in the west coast to discuss. I'm not one who is going to speak about politics or world affairs to any extent. I leave that to CNN and the pundits. But what I'll share is information about places I've been, areas of interest in the Pacific Northwest, books I like, etc.

I'm a five year survivor of Cancer (Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma) and hoping to stay that way. It's always a bit of a challenge to keep making those healthy choices. Perhaps we'll discuss that as well.
I've always considered my writing a hobby and now, in this second stage of my life, I'm ready to make it a career. Better late than never, they say. I've spent the last three years working on a book--a historical novel--based on my research regarding my Huguenot ancestors. My husband and I travelled all over France and England doing research for the novel.
I'm now working on finding an editor and getting it published so I'll let you know how that goes. They tell me completing a novel is an accomplishment in itself. Getting it published is the icing-on-the-cake. Well, it would be nice to get a little of the frosting that goes along with it. I'll let you know if that happens. Apparently it takes a lot of determination and a tough hide.

I hope you'll drop in every so often to see what is of interest to this senior.

No comments:

Post a Comment