Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ABNA Calls

Sorry I won't be writing my usual column this week. All entries for the 2009 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards contest must be ready to roll at 9:00 p.m. p.s.t on Sunday, February 1st. I intend to enter my novel "Destiny's Chain" in that contest so all of us ABNA veterans are editing like mad. Amazon is only accepting the first 10,000 entrants and it looks like it will be a bit of a photo finish. I'm hoping to be in and then the next step is to make the semi finals. Later on there will be a chance for the general public to read the 5,000 word excerpts of all the 500 sem finalists.

Last year, I did make the semi finals but have done a lot of work on this novel in the meantime. So we will see what happens. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment