Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Journey to Publication

I suppose, if you follow this blog once in awhile, you might be wondering what has happened to me. I have to admit that I haven't been away; but I have been heavily involved in publishing my debut novel, "The Silk Weaver's Daughter." And, as I discovered, it takes a lot of time and energy. A little over a year ago, I decided to 'bite the bullet' and go the self-publishing route. The market-place has changed and self-publishing no longer is looked down upon. Also my target audience fit the self-publishing market better.


I had already been told by book agents that a historical fiction novel about 'love, loyalty, and faith' was probably not going to be picked up by the large New York publishing companies. So I decided to take the route that hundreds of 'would be' authors have already pioneered with a surprising amount of success. 


It takes a lot of work as one becomes his own editor, publisher and marketer, but it's an interesting route and I will be discussing my particular journey to publication in the next couple of installments. 


In the meantime, if you like to see my interview with Amazon Vine Reviewer, Ana Mardol, here is the link:


http://www.anamardoll.com/  Just scroll down to her post on Wednesday, February 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment